Uncover the hidden secrets of Super Mario RPG‘s Monster List as you embark on an adventure to document every conquered foe.
Navigate through the game, defeating enemies and exploring new locations, all while using the Monster List as your comprehensive bestiary.
With the 2023 remake introducing new features, including the Thought Peek information, your journey becomes even more thrilling.
Get ready to delve into boss fights and their unique locations as you unravel the secrets of Super Mario RPG’s Monster List.
Table of Contents
- The Monster List in the 2023 remake of Super Mario RPG serves as a bestiary, listing every encountered monster in the game.
- Defeating a monster in battle at least once is necessary for it to appear in the Monster List.
- Thought Peek information for each monster can be obtained using Mallow’s ability, either by peeking on the monster or by paying an NPC in Booster Pass.
- The game ensures completion of the Monster List by automatically filling in missing monsters after clearing the game and seeing the credits.
Monster List Basics
To access the Monster List in Super Mario RPG, you need to defeat each encountered monster at least once in battle. This list serves as a bestiary, cataloging every monster you encounter.
Once you’ve defeated a monster, you also need to obtain the Thought Peek information for it. Mallow’s ability can help you with this.
Don’t worry about missing monsters; the game automatically fills in any gaps in the list after you’ve finished the game and seen the credits.
If you miss peeking on a one-time-only enemy, an NPC in Booster Pass can provide the information for a few Frog Coins.
Keep in mind that there’s a hidden NPC in Booster Pass who can fill out the Thought Peek details for 3 Frog Coins per monster, offering a convenient option for completing the Monster List.
Completing the Monster List
Once you’ve defeated every encountered monster and obtained their Thought Peek information, completing the Monster List in Super Mario RPG becomes a straightforward task.
- Check Your Defeated Monsters: Ensure you’ve battled and defeated every monster in the game, including bosses and regular enemies.
- Obtain Thought Peek Information: Use Mallow’s ability to obtain the Thought Peek information for each monster. If you missed peeking on a one-time-only enemy, visit the NPC in Booster Pass to fill out the details for 3 Frog Coins each.
- Automatic Completion: After clearing the game and seeing the credits, any missing monsters in the list will be automatically filled in. You don’t need to worry about missing monsters during your playthrough.
- Utilize the Hidden NPC: Visit the hidden NPC in Booster Pass to conveniently fill out Thought Peek details for any monster, regular enemy, or boss by paying 3 Frog Coins each.
Thought Peek Mechanics
You use Mallow’s ability to obtain Thought Peek information for monsters in Super Mario RPG. Thought Peek information is crucial for completing the Monster List. Mallow can use this ability on any monster to reveal its details.
If you miss peeking on a one-time-only enemy, an NPC in Booster Pass can fill out the details for 3 Frog Coins each. In the 2023 remake, Frog Coins are more readily available, providing an alternative to buying the details.
The hidden NPC in Booster Pass offers a convenient option for completing the Monster List by providing information for any monster, regular enemy, or boss.
The Monster List also provides the locations of each monster, including boss fights and specific encounters based on in-game events.
Booster Pass NPC
The Booster Pass NPC in Super Mario RPG provides Thought Peek information for monsters, regular enemies, and bosses for a cost of 3 Frog Coins each.
- The NPC in Booster Pass is a convenient option for completing the Monster List.
- You can obtain information for any monster, regular enemy, or boss from this NPC.
- Frog Coins are now more accessible in the game, making it easier to gather the required coins.
- While it’s cheaper to have Mallow use his ability to obtain Thought Peek information, the NPC provides an alternative for obtaining missing details.
Navigating through the game’s Monster List, you’ll find the locations of each encountered monster listed in the order they appear in Super Mario RPG. As you progress through the game, you’ll encounter different monsters in specific locations.
For instance, the Booster Tower boss fight occurs if caught during the curtain minigame, while Mr. Kipper is encountered if the statue minigame is failed or before leaving the castle.
Additionally, the boss in Weapon World changes depending on defeating Cloaker or Domino first, and Mad Adder is a boss in Weapon World. Each boss entry is obtained regardless of defeating Cloaker or Domino first.
This information will help you strategize and prepare for the various encounters as you journey through the game.
As you progress through the Monster List, you’ll encounter various boss fights at specific locations in Super Mario RPG, providing unique challenges and opportunities for strategic gameplay.
- Each boss fight presents a different set of mechanics and abilities, requiring you to adapt your strategy and party composition accordingly.
- Boss fights often require careful timing and use of special abilities to exploit enemy weaknesses and maximize damage.
- Defeating bosses may yield rare and valuable rewards, such as unique items, equipment, or special abilities for your characters.
- Boss fights are a key aspect of the game’s progression and provide memorable and exciting challenges that test your skills as a player.